Last year I made a simple floral and studded headdress (below), to give it a new lease of life this year I created more volume with some extra flowers and added in some metallic gold with my new spray paint! (I am now obsessed with spraying everything gold!) Here’s how it turned out…
- Silk Flowers in different sizes
- Needle and Thread
- Metallic Spray Paint
- PVA glue
Step 1. Using the needle and thread I sewed more different sized silk flowers onto the ribbon, fitting them around the ones I had sewn on last year.
Step 2. Then I laid out newspaper in a well ventilated place, covered the ribbon with more newspaper and sprayed gently with gold metallic spray paint.
Step 3. Once I finished spraying I left the headdress to fully dry before moving onto the next step.
And now it has been transformed for 2013! I am pleased with the outcome and like the old-fashioned feel the gold has given it. I hope you like it too..