I recently made a quick and simple cosmetics bag to replace my grotty old one. This DIY can also be used to make a clutch if it were to be made from a more sturdy fabric such as leather, which I am going to try out in the not too distant future!
Here are 4 easy steps to make your own cosmetics bag:
- Zip (The length will determine the size of the bag)
- Sewing machine
1. Fold your chosen fabric over, measuring the correct depth you require for your bag. Lay your folded fabric down next to your zip and cut it to the same length (as below.)
2. Open up your zip and start to pin it to the top edges of your fabric, folding over the tops of the fabric to make a neat edge.
3. Turn the fabric so that the right sides are together and pin down the remaining sides.
4. Finally, sew all of the pinned edges together using the sewing machine, turn the bag the right way round and start to fill it with your stuff!
See, told you it was easy!