In my quest for a new nail art I searched the internet and fell in love with galaxy nails! I found a variety of tutorials on YouTube and attempted it last week, but it wasn’t very successful. So today I gave it another go and am pretty pleased with the outcome, it also proves the theory that practice makes perfect!
So here’s how I did it, you will need a lot of time and patience, this definitely can’t be rushed! I would rate it as fairly hard, but don’t let that put you off!
Equipment: You will need either a very dark blue or black varnish, a variety of blues or purples and a white. You will also need a small make-up sponge and a cocktail stick.
1. For the first step, paint a base colour of either black or very dark blue.
2. Next, use your middle shade of blue or purple and sponge some long thin shapes carefully onto each nail, making sure you leave plenty of your base colour on show.
3. With your lighter shade of blue or purple sponge another layer onto your previous shape, without covering all of your first colour.
4. Next using a tiny sponge of white, highlight small sections of your purple shape.
5. Lastly, apply a small amount of white varnish onto the end of a cocktail stick then randomly dot on some stars. Cover with your favourite top coat and there you have it – Galaxy nails!
Ps. This will be my last post until I return from my short Winter break in Tallinn, I promise to take lots of photos for you and will be back with you next week. Nikki x